Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Overfluffing Your Ben Sheets

Let me say this up front: I don't think Benny is necessarily injury-prone. He's had some of the strangest injuries; an inner-ear infection, then a recurrence of the same thing later, the torn latissimus dorsi muscle, the torn finger tendon.

But I can't imagine the flavor of Kool-Aid he and his agent are consuming if they're asking for this. $10 mil with incentives, then a player-controlled option? Yikes! Now, obviously, this is out of the Brewer's range and I don't get the feeling the two sides left on the best of terms, but, again, I'm sure one of the large market teams may actually acquiesce to these demands.

We all know Sheeter can be dominant, but I only see a handful of teams being able to swallow that cash if the deal goes bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment