Monday, April 4, 2011

Earnhardt Comes Oh So Close

Surprisingly, another exciting finish of the roundy-rounds yesterday. I don't know, if I hadn't won in 99 races, I probably would've punted the 29 like a football.

I recently got into a discussion with a Gordon fan that absolutely hates Dale Jr. for no particular reason other than who his father was. My reply was, rather sarcastically, that it's easy to hate a driver that is humble, takes blame, rarely whines,and is respectful.

Just look at yesterday. He got the front end in on Busch's rear panel & nudged him out of the way. Then apologized immediately after getting out of the car. He had the opportunity to do the same to Harvick & decided he didn't want to be that guy.

It's a shame the man is measured in wins & sleeps in his daddy's shadow, because he really is one of the great ambassador's of the sport. I have a feeling he's going to be twice the owner he could ever be as a driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment