Friday, April 1, 2011

Crew Falls 7-6 to Reds Late

Alright, so that was a crusher yesterday, but over 162 we'll win our share of those type of games, too. A couple thoughts:

- Axford needs to mix in more than 3 offspeed pitches. Too many straight fastballs isn't good.
- Casey needs to take the easiest out in the ninth. There are only 27 outs and each one is crucial, especially with a three run lead. Outs are premium.
- We signed Kotsay & kept him why? I'd rather have Joe Inglett back. Kotsay's bat just looked slow and, pardon the pun, lumbering.

On a good note, Mr. Braun was impressive at the dish. I don't know, maybe it's gas, but I have this feeling that as good as he's been, he's about to blast off. Age 27, cocky, workout fiend, cocky (did I say that already?). I've said it before WI, you'll never know how good he is until he's not here anymore. Simply special...

No comments:

Post a Comment