Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

I was watching a replay of that day's events as they were broadcast and was astounded by the sheer chaos of information, from plane numbers to supposed car bombs. It really was the first day of it's kind in our nation's history.

This was my generation's JFK... I was listening to Bob & Tom at work when Christi Lee said something about a plane of some kind hitting a tower. My break started at 9am and I think I finally came back to my machine at 10. It was actually one of the first days I felt like I wasn't safe in forgotten Wisconsin.

9 years later, it's still quite surreal and brings back many of the feelings I had watching it all unfold.

I thank all the men & women braver than I who fight for our freedoms so I don't have to. You are truly American heroes and I thank you. Remember that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment