Thursday, April 29, 2010

Is Trevor Time Ticking Down?

I haven't commented on this yet, mostly due to the baseball season being so long that usually everything evens out in the end, but...

Pitching is predicated on location & deception, neither of which Trevor Hoffman has at the moment. Would removing him from the closer role correct that? Is it like a shooter in basketball: keep throwing them up until they go in?

Without having the pulse of the clubhouse at my fingertips, maybe they should pull him from that role for a bit. I know it's not beer-league softball, but having victory snatched away multiple times by a couple errant pitches could breed some animosity. Though, admittedly, I don't know how major leaguers feel about being let down by their pitching. I suppose we could say they should score more runs & it's a moot point.

I wasn't high on the re-signing of Hoffman at that price in the first place, as pitching the 9th is no different than pitching the 1st... 3 outs is 3 outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment